4 large potatoes, scrubbed
frozen peas, steamed
sweet corn or canned sweet corn, drained, steamed
mixture of diced tomatoes, white onion and lean ham
bolognaise pasta sauce, warmed
spicy salsa, warmed
baked beans, warmed
reduced fat cheese, grated
light sour cream
reduced fat plain yoghurt
1. Pierce the potatoes several times.
2. To cook the potatoes in a microwave oven, place them on a microwave ovenproof dish. Cook on high until tender (15–20 minutes). Or to cook the potatoes in a conventional oven, place on an oven tray and bake at 180°C until tender (about 1 hour).
3. Cut the potatoes in half. Scoop out the flesh from the centre, leaving a 1 cm shell.
4. Place the potato flesh in a bowl and mash with the potato masher or fork.
5. Add the filling ingredients and mix to combine.
6. Spoon the filling into the potato shells.
7. To finish cooking the potatoes in a microwave oven, put them back on the microwave ovenproof dish. Cook on high for 5–10 minutes. Or to finish cooking the potatoes in a conventional oven, put them back on the baking tray and bake at 180°C until heated through and golden brown (about 15 minutes).
30 mins microwave, 1 hr 15 mins oven
This recipe is kindly provided by the Heart Foundation and can be found in the Deliciously Healthy Cookbook.