Live Life Well @ School is a joint initiative between the NSW Department of Education and NSW Ministry of Health to:
- get more students, more active, more often
- focus on healthy eating habits.
Live Life Well @ School assists schools to:
- develop whole school strategies that support physical activity and healthy eating
- improve the teaching of nutrition and physical education through a focus on PDHPE programs
- foster community partnerships that promote and support whole of school strategies
- provide opportunities for more students to be more active, more often.
All government, catholic and independent primary schools are eligible to participate.
Local Health Districts provide ongoing support to Live Life Well @ School trained schools via site visits, phone calls and email follow ups. Local Health Districts:
- assist schools to develop an Action Plan
- support schools to develop a whole school approach to nutrition and physical activity
- assist in the development of community focused nutrition and physical activity strategies
- provide schools with information about upcoming community events that promote healthy eating and physical activity
- provide access to teaching resources.
How can schools get involved in Live Life Well @ School?
How do I register for a K-6 Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Conference?
Resources and links for teachers