Munch & Move Training for Family Day Care Service Providers
We are excited to announce that Munch & Move webinar training is now available to NSW family day care service providers (previously referred to as schemes). Munch & Move is a fun, play based program that aims to support young children’s healthy eating and physical activity habits and has strong alignment to the National Quality Framework. Click here to learn more about what Munch & Move offers early childhood services or here to view the program flyer.
The Munch & Move program provides family day care service providers with:
- Free professional development via ‘live’ webinar training
- Access to the Munch & Move Staff Development Kit to on-train your educators
- Practical resources to support the implementation of the program key messages
- Fact sheets and brochures to communicate health information to families
- Support and assistance from a Local Health District Support Officer.
Training is delivered to service providers via a ‘live’ webinar series and consists of 4 sequential modules, each 2 hours in length. You can complete training over 2 weeks (2 sessions per week) or 4 weeks (1 session per week). The training is delivered by the Early Childhood Training and Resource Centre (ECTARC), who are a registered training organisation that specialise in early childhood training and professional development and have been involved with Munch & Move since 2008. Please note that training is for family day care service providers only and not suitable for individual family day care educators.
Registration for 2016 webinars have now closed.
The 2017 training calendar can be viewed below (click calendar to enlarge):
To register for a 2017 Munch & Move webinar series click HERE and you will be taken to the ECTARC website.
After you register you will receive an acknowledgment email from ECTARC and closer to the webinar series commencing you will receive a confirmation of enrolment email with a unique weblink and Workbook. To join the webinar you simply click the weblink in the email at your allocated webinar series time slot and follow the prompts.
The email will include a weblink to download Blackboard Collaborate which will then take you to an online classroom, hosted in real time by a trainer from ECTARC; you will hear the trainer, see the presentation slides and be asked to contribute using the chat, polling and other interactive tools. You can ask questions and are encouraged to share your own experiences and knowledge with other service providers in the webinar who are joining in from across NSW.
Once you complete all 4 modules you will receive a ‘Statement of Participation’ and have access to practical resources to support the implementation of the Munch & Move key messages and support from a Local Health District Support Officer. You will also be given access to the Munch & Move Staff Development Kit to on-train your educators in the Munch & Move program.
- For equitable access to this training, a maximum of 2 co-ordinators per family day care service provider can attend. Individual family day care educators are not eligible to attend.
- All 4 modules in a webinar series must be completed to receive a ‘Statement of Participation’.
- This training is open to all family day care service providers in NSW. If your scheme participated in the 2011/12 ‘train-the-trainer’ training we recommend you attend the new webinar training as the program content has been updated to reflect current healthy eating guidelines and physical activity and recommendations and demonstrates the strong links with the National Quality Framework.
- Centre-based early childhood education and care services (long day care, preschool and occasional care services) please click HERE for training information.